Saturday, January 9, 2010

Catching up

Well, it's been a long time and a lot has happen for the Sackett's. Let's start last Fall. We bought a house in October. It is in Sandy in a nice quiet neighborhood, our house has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. A den with a fireplace, and an upstairs dining room, living room, and kitchen. We made the two extra bedrooms into a gym and a guest room or "The Griffiths' room" seeing as how they are the only ones who have stayed in it. We love our little home and couldn't be happier. Right now Bill is working on adding a shed on to our garage, and making me a big pantry, I can't wait. In November we decided to add someone to our family, (Mimi, the hamster I had talked about in my previous post, had died a few months ago). Well actually Nate decided we should add someone to our family, and he convinced us to head down to Spanish Fork to look at some lab puppies. He drove us down and as we walked up to the door all these little black labs came running towards us. One of the little girls came up to Bill and layed right down on his feet and rolled over to let him rub her tummy. We were in love. We came home with a little black lab that day and decided to name her Maeby after a character on "Arrested Development." She was 10 pounds then now she is a whopping 70 pounds, but the sweetest, most gentle dog you could ever meet, and we love her (Thanks Nate). In December we decided maybe it was time to have a baby, so we would "see what happened." Well after two weeks I decided that I was too scared and we needed to wait another year. Too late. I found out on December 29th, that I was pregnant. We were scared. I remember coming downstairs to tell Bill and I was shaking. We found out I was due on September 9, 2009, so it was fun to tell everyone 9-9-09. On March 31st, we found out we were having a little girl, which we both already knew in our heart's was the case. Then after a long HOT summer. On September 2nd, 2009 we welcomed little Olive Lottie (after my Grandma Lottie) into the family. The labor was long and hard and I ended up with a c-section, but she was so worth every second. She was 7 lbs 14 oz, and 20.5 inches long. Now she is 4 months old, rolling over, and eating cereal. She loves music, to kick her legs, smile, laugh, and stand on her Mom and Dad. I will try to keep the updates coming, thanks for reading my catch up.

3 comments:

whitney said...

It was fun reading your update- keep em coming! Well, when you're not busy with sweet Miss Olive. She's an absolute doll!

Nathan and Nicki Griffiths said...

your welcome! and i was just thinking that you should let us decorate our room however we want. lol seems as how we're the only ones that stay with you! so glad you updated me on whats going on... feels like ive been outta the loop. hmmm...maybe if there was some way i could see you guys. oh i have it. we need to do pictures. yeah then you could catch me up. anyway... avatar was awesome. thanks for taking us. miss ya

Melissa said...

Finally you updated the blog! You really shouldn't wait so long to do it again! Lil' Olive is the cutest thing and I want to see more pictures of her!